Ever since facebook started the video feature, we are seeing some exciting stuff in there. So today we will explain how you can download facebook videos for offline use. A thing to remember here is that there are different types of videos that can be posted on Facebook and there are different ways to download them. Make sure to click on the appropriate part of this post to download the video you want.
Download video you posted
If you previously uploaded the video you want to download, you can download the video by following the steps below.
- Open Facebook and find the video in your Photos section.
- Click on the video to open it in Facebook.
- Once the video has been opened, click on the Options link under the video.
- In the Options menu, you will see one or two download options. If the video was recorded in high definition, Download HD and Download SD will be available options to select. If the video was recorded in standard definition, only Download SD will be available to select. Select the preferred download option, depending on the quality of the video you want to download.
If neither of these Download links are available, the video is not something you uploaded to Facebook. Skip to the download a video a friend or family member posted section.
Download video posted in your timeline
If the timeline video was created by a Facebook friend, skip to the next section on how to download a video a friend or family member posted. If the video is a shared video from a different online service (e.g. YouTube), see our how to download a video from the Internet steps for help with downloading Internet videos.
Download a video a friend or family member posted
Unfortunately, Facebook doesn’t give an easy option to download friend and family videos. However, following the steps below allows you to download any uploaded video on Facebook without any software.
- Log in to Facebook and find the video you want to download.
- Right-click on the video and select Show video URL.
- A small pop-up window should appear, with the video URL. Press Ctrl+C on the keyboard to copy the URL.
- In the browser’s Address bar, press Ctrl+V to paste the video URL.
- Modify the video URL, changing the “www” at the beginning of the URL to “m”. The URL should then start with https://m.facebook.com/
- Once changed, press Enter to open the mobile version of the page and follow the steps below, depending on your browser.
Internet Explorer browser
Right-click on the video and select the Save target as… option.
Google Chrome browser
Right-click on the video and select the Save as… option.
Right-click on the video and select the Save Link As… option.
Latest posts by Unallocated Author (see all)
- Another Commercial WordPress Plugin Gets Exploited - February 17, 2019
- A Further 127 Million User Records Found For Sale on The Dark Web - February 15, 2019
- Google Play Store Malicious App Detection Up By Over 50% - February 14, 2019