How to Make Utorrent Faster Using Protocol Encryption
Since I am using uTorrent, I will describe this in separate steps for both uTorrent users and other client users. Protocol Encryption makes it to where your ISP can not identify torrent traffic, which decreases the chance of them throttling, or limiting your bandwidth while downloading torrents.
uTorrent Users: Be sure that everything I have checked is checked on your client. Most of this comes by default. The most important thing here is “Protocol Encryption.” Be sure this is set to Enabled, and that “Allow incoming legacy connections” is checked.
Other Torrent Clients: In your settings (most likely under connections), there will be something along the lines of “Protocol Encryption, Transport Encryption, or Traffic Shaping.” Enable these settings and allow incoming legacy connections.
How to Make Utorrent Faster Using Bandwidth
users can increase their Utorrent client’s performance in order to make downloading and uploading files faster. In order to this try the following:
1) Open the Utorrent client, click on the Options tab, and select Preferences.
2) Select the Connections tab and enter “45682” into the “Port used for incoming connections” box.
3) Scroll to the bottom of that same window and enter “65” into the “Global maximum upload rate” box and “0” into the “Global maximum download rate” box under “Bandwidth Limiting.”
4) Open the Utorrent/BitTorrent tab and enter “1890” into the “Global maximum number of connections” box, “2329” into the “Maximum number of connected peers per torrent” box, and “14” into the “Number of upload slots per torrent” box. Be sure to select every box on this screen and ensure that the Outgoing Protocol Encryption is set to “Enabled.”
5) Click on the Queueing tab and enter “60” into the box for number of active torrents and “63” into the box for number of active downloads. Ensure that the Seed Ratio is set to 100% and uncheck every box on this screen.
6) Click Apply on the bottom of the window and restart Utorrent. The program should now be much faster
How to Make Utorrent Faster Using Advanced Settings
Now it’s time to change some “Advanced” settings. In settings/preferences, click on advanced. It says “Warning: Do not modify” but if you follow exactly what I do, your client will be safe. Again this can be done in any Torrent Client, but you have to understand what the settings mean as they may be worded differently.
uTorrent: You can use the filter (search box) to quickly find certain settings.
Set “bt.allow_same_ip” to ‘True’ by clicking on it and setting the value to true. (see picture for example.)
Set “gui.show_notorrents_node” to ‘False’ (Use filter or scroll down in Advanced to find it.)
Set “rss.update_interval” to ’20’ (Make sure you click on ‘Set’ after you type in 20)
Apply and close out of Advanced settings. Restart uTorrent or torrent client.
Latest posts by Unallocated Author (see all)
- ACH in the Payment API – An Overview - July 11, 2019
- Phishing in 2019 – Still Working After All These Years - July 3, 2019
- InfoG v1.0 – An Open Source Information Gathering Tool - May 13, 2019