Canadian students have invented a cheap, portable and new refrigerator that keeps food cold without electricity
According to the student Michelle Zhou from the University of Calgary said that,”We thought it would be good to decrease the amount of food waste in the world, and we came up with this design because it’s easy to build and the materials are
How does windchill refrigerator works?
- It works by allowing warm air through the funnel, which leads into a pipe that has been buried underground to cool the air.
- Now the air travels into a coiled copper pipe in an evaporation chamber. This process is supported with small solar powered fans
- Then the air is sent into funnels where the food is stored. It can keep the food at 40° F
“Anywhere from a quarter to half of the world’s food goes to waste every year, and in rural populations — about 70 percent of the people in rural Africa don’t have access to electricity,” Zapote says. “So this at the moment uses a tiny bit of electricity from a solar panel, but the end design is to use zero electricity. So this could really help people in those areas.”
Latest posts by Unallocated Author (see all)
- The Myth Of Coding Bootcamp Job Guarantees - August 9, 2019
- Wifi Pumpkin – WiFi MITM Attack and Audit Framework - August 9, 2019
- TheFatRat – A Convenient Exploitation Tool - August 7, 2019