Today I will be reviewing Cyborg Hawk Linux, the distro is based on Ubuntu and designed to be a penetration testing platform:
The download size is 3.1GB in total and is currently only available as a 64 bit OS.
The website claims some of the following features:
- More than 750+ penetration testing tools included.
- Cyborg Hawk is totally Free and always will be.
- Can be used as live OS with full capability.
- Exploitation Toolkit,Stress Testing,Reverse Engineering,Forensics,Mobile Security,Wireless Security.
- Full virtual machine support. (version v1.1 ).
- Now comes with its own repository.
- Reliable and stable.
- Various Wireless devices support.
- Well sorted menu,everything is in just the right place.
- Patched kernal from injection.
When loading the ISO into a Virtual machine we are presented with the boot screen, I will select the live version to begin with to check the tools Cyborg Hawk has to offer.
The default credentials for Cyborg are:
username – cyborg
password – toor
The home screen of the Cyborg OS is shown below, the resources being used is displayed on the right hand corner of the screen, I think this is a nice feature to help monitor applications when doing simultaneous scans of a large network.
The menu system it supports is very similar to the Kali style menu, however with the addition of more tools appearing in the menu, a number of which appear to autopwn style tools, which are suited to some but not others.
It appears to be split into the following categories:
- Stress Testing
- Mobile Security
- Wireless Security
- Reverse Engineering
- Exploitation Toolkit
When testing the OS it felt a lot more laggy in comparison to Kali and as a result and therefore on first impressions I feel it is not yet ready to overtake Kali in terms of being the number one pen testers OS of choice.
We will further research tool and bring you more reviews at a later date.
You can download the OS and try it for yourself here
Latest posts by Unallocated Author (see all)
- How To Ensure Spam Protection And Secure Your Website - January 8, 2019
- Watch Netflix Content From Wherever - December 10, 2018
- Sheger Payment Gateway Hacked By Shad0wSec - November 19, 2018