SoftEther VPN is going to change your life.
The majority of the internet thinks incognito mode in the average web browser is the epitome of online protection. The next step up is proxies. Proxies are less work and they can be useful, but they don’t always do the trick. They can also be extremely slow, especially browser-based ones. The next upgrade is a VPN client.
Regrettably, users will let whispers of monthly fees distract them from online security. They will listen to the rumors that free VPN clients are home to viruses and ads – but that’s not the case. The truth is that you need to dig a little.
SoftEther VPN Client is the best free VPN software out there. It comes with an easy-to-use interface, average speeds (depending), no pop-ups, and maxed out security. Although SoftEther is still in its beta stages, diehard users swear on it.
Find out if SoftEther is worth it:
- Navigate to the SoftEther website
- “Select Software” should be “SoftEther VPN (Freeeware)”
- “Select Component” should be “SoftEther VPN Client”
- “Select Platform” should be your operating system
- “Select CPU” should be your CPU (find this by following these instructions)
- Select the most recent beta build link (usually the link at the top)
The next step is setting up a VPN connection. This is where many users get lost. If you want to skip two hours of research on Google, a popular add-on for SoftEther is VPN Gate. Navigate to the “downloads” page and install the VPN Gate Client.
After the command prompt runs you through installation, start SoftEther. The screen should have an option that reads: “VPN Gate Public VPN Relay Servers”.
Double click on this option and a list of connections will pop up. Your optimal connection will be a host with an average (less is more) amount of sessions and at least 30 Mbps. To connect, simply double click on your chosen hostname.
Latest posts by Unallocated Author (see all)
- How to choose a reliable VPN provider for 2019 - January 23, 2019
- How To Ensure Spam Protection And Secure Your Website - January 8, 2019
- Watch Netflix Content From Wherever - December 10, 2018