Cybersecurity breaches are becoming more and more common, with no signs of slowing down. In order to protect your business, it is critical to continuously scan your systems for vulnerabilities and address them promptly. Here’s a closer look at why continuous security scanning is so important.
What is Continuous Security Scanning and Why do you need to use it?
Continuous security scanning is the process of continuously assessing your system for vulnerabilities and information using automated tools. Security scanning can be performed manually, but this is not feasible. There are five reasons for that.
- Dozens of new vulnerabilities are discovered each day: It is difficult to keep track of all the technologies and third-party libraries used in a web application, as well as know any vulnerabilities immediately that might affect them.
- Applications change frequently: In order to be effective, security scanning must be done regularly and after any code changes. Manually checking for vulnerabilities is time-consuming and error-prone.
- Attacks happen in real-time: By the time you discover an attack, it might be too late. Continuous security scanning helps you find vulnerabilities before they can be exploited.
- Comprehensive scanning is resource-intensive: A full security scan of a large web application can take hours or even days. This is not practical to do manually on a regular basis.
- Security is a continuous process: To be secure, you need to continuously monitor for vulnerabilities and address them promptly. This is only possible with automated security scanning.
Why is Continuous Security Scanning Important?
There are several reasons why continuous security scanning is so important.
- First, it helps you identify weaknesses in your system before they can be exploited by attackers.
- Second, it gives you a baseline against which you can measure the effectiveness of your security controls.
- Third, it allows you to track the progress of remediation efforts and ensure that vulnerabilities are fixed in a timely manner.
- Forth, it helps you to comply with security regulations and standards, such as PCI DSS, and HIPAA.
- Finally, it provides valuable intelligence that can be used to improve your overall security posture.
4 Promising Cyber Security SaaS Company That Can Be Used For Continuous Scanning
1- Security For Everyone – https://securityforeveryone.com
An Estonian company has a special product for continuous security scanning named: Continuous Security. It’s recommended because;
- AI-powered algorithms do all necessary scanning processes, you just need to do asset verification.
- Continuously scan for 2000+ vulnerabilities and 100+ information
- Historical report
- Affordable prices: 99$/month for each web app.
- The only continuous security scanning product that has a video output.
2- Hacker Target – https://hackertarget.com/
Hacker target has services such as WordPress scanners, and vulnerability assessment.
- Have options for network scans
- Using OpenVAS as vulnerability scanning
- Attack Surface Assessment starts from 2000$
3- Indusface – https://www.indusface.com/
An Indian company that provides web application scans. Infusface has some other products for Bot management and WAF.
- Continuous scanning can be set up by using scan scheduling
- Starting from 199$ for a search web app
- Provide some monitoring tools
- Defacement Alert
- PDF output
Cybersecurity breaches are becoming more common every day, making it more important than ever to continuously scan your systems for vulnerabilities.
Continuous security scanning helps you identify weaknesses in your system so that they can be fixed before attackers have a chance to exploit them. It also provides valuable intelligence that can be used to improve your overall security posture. By taking a few simple steps, you can start implementing continuous security scanning in your organization today.