According to PewInternet.Org half of parents monitor their teens’s online behavior in a number of ways.
Recent survey about 1,000 US teenager’s parent on Pew Research Center shows,
- 61% of parents looking at their teen’s browsing history.
- 60% have checked their teen’s social network accounts
- 56% of parents say they have followed or friended their teen on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- 48% have checked their teen’s smart phone call and text logs.
- 16% of parents use parental controls to restrict their teen’s use of their cellphone and use monitoring tools on their teen’s phone to track their location.
The findings in this survey of parents of teen ages 13 to 17 conducted Sept 25-Oct. 9,2014 and Feb. 10-March 16,2015. In this survey one parent and one teenage child participated in each survey.