* Over 1800 Plugins
* Basic HTTP Authentication
* Performace tunning. Control how many websites to scan concurrently
* Proxy support including tor
* IP address Ranges
* Fuzzy Matching
* Multiple log formats: Brief (greppable), Verbose (human-readable), XML, JSON, MagicTree, RubyObject, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, SQL.
git clone https://github.com/urbanadventurer/WhatWeb/
PS: “WhatWheb” does not need any independent libraries it’s all compiled
Tips and Tricks
In order to launch Whatweb from any location in the terminal for Windows and none Debian you can follow this
1 - You will need to install git
2 - Open bash-cmd and type vim ~/.bashrc or nano ~/.bashrc depends on your favorite editor
3 - type this command alias whatweb="/path/to/whatweb/script"
4 - Save and exit
5 - reload bash with source ~/.bashrc
Follow the same steps but you dont need to install git cause its already installed by defaults
What Bunny Rating Does it Get?
Whatweb is a sharp tool used by pentesters in the recon phase or information gathering phase in order to get maximum information about the target before digging into the web app
It will show the penetration tester what framework technologies are used by the website so have a mindset on what to do next after this phase
Want to learn more about ethical hacking?
Do you know of another GitHub related hacking tool?
Get in touch with us via the contact form if you would like us to look at any other GitHub ethical hacking tools.
Latest posts by Unallocated Author (see all)
- The Digital Revolution: Ways to Drive Business Growth in the Private Education Sector - March 9, 2020
- Top Cybersecurity Trends In 2020 - February 20, 2020
- Microsoft Rolled Out Huge Patch Tuesday February With 99 Bug Fixes - February 14, 2020