Messenger Kids Improved Features
The tech giant Facebook has recently announced some major upgrades ensuring advanced protection features in the app, Messenger Kids . According to a blog post by Facebook Product Manager, Morgan Brown, Facebook has made some major feature upgrade in the Messenger Kids.
Facebook have introduced the following features under the Messenger Kids Parent Dashboard in both Facebook iOS and Android apps.
- Recent Contacts and Chat History: Parents can see whom their kids are chatting with and how frequently along with a 30-day history.
- Log of Images in Chats: Parents can view the images and videos in the kid’s chat thread.
- Reported and Blocked Contacts History: Users can view the history of contacts and messages that their kids ever blocked or reported. Parents will also receive notifications for such actions performed by their kids.
- Remote Device Logout: Parents can view the devices where their kids sign-in or sign out to Messenger Kids app.
- Download Your Child’s Information: Through this option, parents can request their child’s Messenger Kids information. Though, performing this action will notify the child as well.
The Parent Dashboard feature also empowers the parents to monitor more than one child as well.
Facebook also revamped the method of blocking or unblocking contacts in Messenger Kids, the parents can control whom their kids connect with.
Likewise, they also tend to inform the kids in a friendly way about the information the app shares about them.
Let us know your thoughts in the comments.
Latest posts by Abeerah Hashim (see all)
- Largest Hacking Campaign Since 2015 Targeted Magento Stores Via Unpatched Bug - September 16, 2020
- Ransomware Attack Targets Equinix Data Center Provider - September 16, 2020
- Raccoon Attack Aims At Breaking TLS Encryption – Though Attack Is ‘Rare’ - September 16, 2020