Kickass Torrents (KAT) has enabled two-factor authentication, it is an additional layer of security know as mutli-factor authentication. This is the first torrent site to use two-factor authentication for login.
According to Mr.Gooner (president of the site) said that,”Using a username and password together with a piece of information that only the user knows makes it harder for potential intruders to gain access and steal that person’s personal data or identity.”
This feature will increase the security of Kickass Torrent and not only increase in security, in case if your password is lost or stolen, only the user can get into the account with 2FA. This security feature is optional and not compulsory to choose it.
Mr.Gooner advice’s not to use the same 2FA app for anything else that contains personal details such as banks etc and do not recommend apps that require your phone number such as Authy.
Just follow the steps given below to enable two-factor authentication on your Kickass Torrents account
- Click on your profile settings and then profile tab
- Scroll down to To-Factor authentication and click “Enable”
- Follow the on-screen instructions
Latest posts by Unallocated Author (see all)
- The Myth Of Coding Bootcamp Job Guarantees - August 9, 2019
- Wifi Pumpkin – WiFi MITM Attack and Audit Framework - August 9, 2019
- TheFatRat – A Convenient Exploitation Tool - August 7, 2019