Abraham Masri (security researcher and software developer) has found a security issue called “chaiOS Text Bomb” in Apple’s operating systems (iOS and macOS) that could be exploited to freeze or crash your iPhone, Mac or iPad.
“chaiOS is a malicious iOS bug that can cause the target device to freeze, respring, drain the battery, and possibly kernel panic. It is developed by the eminent jailbreak developer, Abraham Masri.”
The attacker doesn’t require to install anything to make this flaw work, he can crash someone’s phone by simply sending the link to the target device.
If you have received a copy of the bug and it’s currently stopping you from using Messages on your iPhone, you can try these fixes:
– Block the domain that hosts the bug. From Safari settings, then General > Restrictions > Enable Restrictions > Websites > Limit Adult Content > Never Allow > (add the domain here).
– Remove the thread the link was sent in.
– Reset your iPhone to factory settings. Don’t do this step unless you’ve backed up all of your data.
– Wait for Apple patch.
Latest posts by Unallocated Author (see all)
- iKeyMonitor Android Tracking App Review - September 4, 2018
- “Open Sesame” Vulnerability That Let Users Hack Windows 10 Was Demonstrated at Black Hat Conference - August 12, 2018
- PGA of America’s Computer Systems Suffer Ransomware Attack - August 11, 2018