Tor messenger is a cross-platform chat program that aims to be secure by default and sends all of its traffic over Tor.
It supports transport networks, including Jabber (XMPP), IRC, Google Talk, Facebook Chat, Twitter, Yahoo, and others.
It enables Off-the-Record (OTR) Messaging automatically and has an easy-to-use graphical user interface localized into multiple languages.
Using Tor messenger you can continue to communicate to your contacts easily. This is based on client-server model, that is your metadata can be logged by the server. However, your route to the server will be hidden because your are communicating over Tor.
How to use
- On Linux, extract the bundle(s) and then run:
- On OS X, copy the Tor Messenger application from the disk image to your local disk before running it.
On all platforms, Tor Messenger sets the profile folder for Firefox/Instantbird to the installation directory.
Note: The policy, unencrypted one-to-one conversations are not allowed and your messages will not be transmitted if the person you are talking with does not have an OTR-enabled client. You can disable this option in the preferences to allow unencrypted communication but doing so is not recommended.
Download link for Tor Messenger
Latest posts by Unallocated Author (see all)
- The Digital Revolution: Ways to Drive Business Growth in the Private Education Sector - March 9, 2020
- Top Cybersecurity Trends In 2020 - February 20, 2020
- Microsoft Rolled Out Huge Patch Tuesday February With 99 Bug Fixes - February 14, 2020