How To Use BruteForcer
Now enter the name of the file you want to crack (in the main window). If that file is accessible by all clients on a network you can specify the complete path to it. Otherwise, you have to place a copy of the file on each client (just copy the file to the client folder).
Then click on the radar icon, this should start the server.
Now open the client folder and then run BFC.exe. You will see a window as shown below.
The wordlist attack operates at 3 different modes:
- Level 1 – It is fastest and skips most of the combinations. It looks only for complete match with the wordlist. It can be useful only if you know that the password is just a single word.
- Level 2 – It ignores the symbols that are not letters, and looks for a match with the wordlist. It is useful when you know that the password is a single word, surrounded by numbers or other symbols.
- Level 3 – It checks if the current combination of symbols contains at least one meaningful word from the wordlist. This is the best mode, i suggest you use it always. The password of the test archive (test.rar) can be found only by this method (or by pure bruteforce of course).
The password will show up on the server window.
If you have any doubts, feel free to ask me.
Latest posts by TWR (see all)
- Connecting to Airport WiFi is Safe, Right?…..Wrong - December 5, 2017
- Your HP Wireless mouse can be Spoofed; Be careful - May 18, 2017
- E.U. Fines Facebook $122 Million for misleading information about WhatsApp acquisition - May 18, 2017