Comcast is taking steps to improve the value that customers get from its routers. This year Comcast will begin rolling out a service to its 10 million current Xfinity internet customers during the first half of this year that features a host of benefits we’ve seen from companies like Eero and Starry. It won’t cost anything extra. New customers will be able to get the new Gateway router too. Comcast will also start offering a new router with faster connection speeds and other internal upgrades for improved WiFi.
Here’s a rundown of the most important things you’ll be able to do with your Comcast Xfinity service when it starts rolling out soon:
- Easily set up your network: The Comcast router has a QR code that you take a photo of with the Comcast app. This will guide you through an easy setup process.
- Monitor connections and enable parental controls: Using the Comcast app, you can manage who has access to your network by creating profiles for each person and their devices. For parents, you can disable a device’s connection when your kids are supposed to be doing homework, eating dinner, going to bed, or any other boring activity you can think of. Go wild.
- Troubleshoot connections and extend your WiFi’s range: If you live in a large home or one with thick walls that interrupt your WiFi connection, Comcast’s app can help optimize your network. You can also add extenders that automatically boost your primary router’s signal to hard-to-reach areas of your home. It’s very similar to what we’ve seen with routers from Google and Eero.
Comcast estimates 15 million customers will have the service this year. You may not save any money like you can using your own modem or router, but it does give you a peace of mind that it’ll be a lot easier to manage your WiFi, especially since those similar products from Google, Eero, and Starry can get pretty expensive
Latest posts by Unallocated Author (see all)
- Another Commercial WordPress Plugin Gets Exploited - February 17, 2019
- A Further 127 Million User Records Found For Sale on The Dark Web - February 15, 2019
- Google Play Store Malicious App Detection Up By Over 50% - February 14, 2019