CMSeek is an open-source tool that analyzes the regex of websites in order to detect flaws and content management system used like Joomla, WordPress, Magento, etc …
git clone https://github.com/Tuhinshubhra/CMSeeK
pip3 install -r requirements.txt
CMSeek can be used as CLI or with arguments
Let’s try it out
We launch the script
We choose the first option
We enter our test website
CMSeek detects the CMS
We can read the output too
– The tool is really fast
– Can be used CLI and Arguments
– Supports more than 170 CMS’s
– Tool exits automatically
– It does not grab all information about some headers
What Bunny Rating Does it Get?
CMSeek is a great tool to enumerate information quickly about your target, it would be useful for red teaming and could be scripted within other program frameworks. The downsides are that it could be a little more reliable in grabbing all necessary information, it can also be frustrating when it auto exits. We will be awarding this tool a very respectable 3 out of 5 bunnies
Want To Learn More About Ethical Hacking?
Do you know of another GitHub related hacking tool?
Get in touch with us via the contact form if you would like us to look at any other GitHub ethical hacking tools.
Latest posts by Unallocated Author (see all)
- Your Ultimate Antivirus Software Guide - November 19, 2019
- 6 OSINT Tools That Make a Pentester’s Life Easier - November 18, 2019
- Cyber Security Threats to Consider in 2019 and Beyond - November 15, 2019